Monday, March 9, 2009

Spring Break Travelwords, Pt. 1

Editor's writer's poster's damn note - Here's the text file from my Spring Break writings. Not funny, but words nonetheless. BEGIN-

WRITER’S FUCKIN ‘ NOTE
- I’m going to have to write on the computer since I don’t know with certainty that, when reading back over hand-written entries, I would be able to decipher my own deranged handwriting. Plus, this is faster, and can be transferred to blog form.

3/4/09 5:54 pm Wednesday

I’ve been spoiled. Smoking premium weed for so long (including the rampant baking Fat Man and I engaged in this weekend) has raised a Great Wall of Tolerance that guards against advancing Bongolian forces. Shit weed no longer does much for me. I just smoked out my car roughly thirty minutes ago, and now I’m not feeling it much at all.

7:07- Just smoked another Jeep joint and devoured Eric The Half-a-Burrito. /EPIC

Christ! No internet! I can’t mindlessly scour all the humor sites I frequent. How will I know what to laugh at now?

Florida… hopefully my future is pointing to the sandy shores of Tampa, and the University of Tampa, AND a Creative Writing degree. I’ve got to decide on the fifteenth (or so) which classes I’m taking this summer and next semester.

POINTER: Talk to one of the advisors, either yours or one for CHASS, and find out how you could get departmental approval to take deep ENG(lish) classes this summer and next semester. Let’s look at some of your options, shall we?

No, we shan’t. Not concretely, at least. No course catalog website access. I can, however, rattle off a few from memory. REGURGITATE!

POETRY (applied, studies in)
AMERICAN LIT
BRIT LIT
WORLD LIT?
MORE CREATIVE WRITING
FILM HISTORY
WRITING ABOUT FILM
ANYTHING THEY’LL FUCKING LET YOU IN
HAWTHORNE STORIES IF YOU ABSOLUTELY FUCKING HAVE TO
NO QUARTER ASKED, FOR NONE WILL BE GIVEN.

Haiku Break!

Don’t be a fucktard.
Away! To fabled slut bar!
P.B.R.; so cash.

I wonder if anyone has ever bought a house with traveler’s checks.

No, I really don’t. But I kinda do.

Been watching Monty Python lately… that one human who said they were the Beatles of comedy was on point. If they have any influences, it doesn’t show. Writing and performing like they did is my comedy dream. I’ve a long way to go, though.

8:00 PM EXUNT.

1 comment: